Are you familiar with the Magic Paragraph? Today on Reality Coaching for Writers, Eddie and Diana discuss how to invite the reader into your fictional dream.
Your magic paragraph will vary depending on the point of view you choose: first-person, third-person or omniscient. The third-person POV has no apparent narrator.”
Maintain & Establish the Scene’s Main Character’s POV
1. Signal which head to enter: “I” or a character’s name.
2. Twang a sense or start a thought process
3. Show what the character experienced.
4. Show an appropriate reaction to said emotion, (touch, smell, sound, sight), or thought
5. Start the character thinking or show the character reflecting on what they just saw.
6. Repeat as frequently as necessary
Ron Benrey: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Writing Christian Fiction
#realitycoachingforwriters #writingCommunity #storytelling #showversestell
Eddie Jones and Diana Flegal offer personalized coaching for writers.
For more information, check out: https://writerscoach.us