Curious about all the things a book launch entails? Join us today on #realitycoachingforwriters today as we celebrate Eddie’s newest books release and all he has done (with the help of Tammy Karasek firstname.lastname@example.org ) to create a successful book launch. #booklaunchsecrets
Here are some of the things we covered in today’s episode:
* Announce that today is launch day
* Thank your followers
* Send reminders about signings, interviews, blog post appearances this day and follow days
* Email launch team and ask for reviews
* Email influencers and remind them to mention your book today
* Repost social media posts from others with “thank you!’
* Announce winners of giveaways
* Update social media headers with book cover and where to buy
* Double check distribution and price at online resellers
* Change any previous text that said “pre-order” with ON SALE NOW!
* Post any blog posts announcing your book’s release
* SHOW UP for media appearances!
* 1-3 posts on each platform, on release day, could do 1 in morning, noon and night. Make each post different, something different about the book, but same post can be shared at same time of day across platforms
* Join groups on your platforms and share your posts to your groups—some require self-promotion on one day of week, fyi.
* Create an interactive post, can provide fun facts or ask questions, then want to learn more? read this book…
* Follow and share posts made about your book by launch team, publishers, reviewers
* Trying to make people think about your book more, way to get word of mouth engagement is sharing and posting.
* Author live event on Facebook or platform of choice
* Offer to read out loud a passage from the book.
Eddie Jones and Diana Flegal offer personalized coaching for writers.
For more information, check out: