Age Range: 9 and up | Series: Monster Mysteries
In Transylvania, North Carolina, Nick Caden finds a murder victim with fangs, bite marks and a stake driven through its heart. There are no such things as vampires … are there?
After solving the ghost story murder at Deadwood Canyon, Nick lands a job as a roving reporter for The Cool Ghoul Gazette, a website / app that covers paranormal events and supernatural disturbances (that may or may not have actually happened). When the editor sends Nick to investigate a murder in Transylvania, North Carolina, the young super sleuth finds a corpse with fangs, bite marks and a stake driven through its heart.
But once he begins to peel back the clues surrounding the murder Nick finds his new job is not only dangerous but could suck the life out of him.
Awards for the Monster Mysteries series
- Winner of the Selah award for tween / teen mystery series
- INSPY Award nominee
- Moonbeam Children’s Book Award nominee
Readers Are Leaders – Buy a Boy a Book!
About The Caden Chronicles Series
Social networking has changed the way young people communicate. Can we keep books in “their” loop? According to KidSay Market Researchers, Facebook is now the favorite website among tween (8-11) boys and teen (12-15) girls. Over 90% of tween boys and girls play games online. Could an adventure mystery series that plays off today’s fascination with the paranormal be the perfect antidote to the adolescent blank-stare fascination with video games?
“I want to give middle school readers (boys especially) a compelling story they can fall into, one that spurs their imagination and gets them jazzed about reading and using their creative gifts.”
* Mystery adventure based on the paranormal fascination that exposes the myths and lies of the occult
* Spur discussion on spirits, souls, ghosts, the undead, vampires, etc…
* Seeks to get parents and kids talking about the afterlife
* Great read for boys and girls
* Entertaining, humorous, high adventure, focusing on intrigue and suspense
* Plays off today’s fascination with paranormal events and trends
* Discussion questions at the end of the book designed to get kids thinking about the consequences of our decisions